MUSIC SEFF is a worldwide competition for music documentaries concentrated around musicians, bands and music they create. We are looking for previously unreleased works no longer than 90 minutes of their running time. We await submission from everyone, regardless of their age and location. From among the submitted productions, our selection team will choose the ones to be presented during Szczecin European Film Festival'18.
The final submission deadline is 25.04.2018. In order to submit your film, please send us a correctly filled entry form and a preview copy. Details concerning the open call can be found in the MUSIC SEFF'18 Terms and Conditions.
By submitting your film to MUSIC SEFF you accept the Terms and Conditions of MUSIC SEFFcompetitin at SEFF'18 as well as the information included in the entry form.
Films can be submitted via the entry form below, as well as via submission portals:
the OFFicyna Association
Bartosz Wójcik, Programme Director
Dana Jesswein, Managing Director
Please fill in details. All fields with "*" are required.
Terms and Conditions of MUSIC SEFF competitin at SEFF'18
1. The MUSIC SEFF '18 competition accepts music documentary films no longer than 90 minutes of their running time, which need to be delivered personally or by post to the OFFicyna Association office (al. Wojska Polskiego 90, zip code 70-482 Szczecin) on DVD, on an external hard drive or pendrive in the following formats: DVD-Video, MP4, AVI, MPEG. It is also acceptable to send a link to the film, e.g. on Vimeo, YouTube, etc., or share the film file on a website or server. The films can be submitted to the competition also through the online platforms FilmFreeway and FilmFestivalLife. Submitting a work in a format other than those mentioned above must be consulted with the organiser.
2. One competitor may submit a maximum of two films.
3. The final deadline for submissions is April 25th 2018.
4. The date of production cannot be later than 01.01.2017.
5. The submitted works cannot contain unlawful or immoral content. Apart from this, all topics and forms are allowed.
6. The entrant must own the copyright to the submitted works, both the video and audio.
7. Additional material required: a short synopsis in English (90 words max.); a bio and filmography of the director (please give original titles); film stills (at least three); a photograph of the director (at least one), name of the band/artist the film is about, English dialogue list and dialogue list in original language.
8. Failure to comply with points 1-7 will be grounds to reject the submission.
9. The Organiser will only pass the information about the selection outcome to those whose films have been qualified to the Festival program.
10. The films will be presented during the final screening in Szczecin as part of Szczecin European Film Festival‘18, and selected works will be presented during special SEFF on the Road screenings in Polish and German cities.
11. The winner is selected through a voting by the audience members and Jury.
12. The entrant agrees for a free-of-charge presentation of their film during the MUSIC SEFF ‘18 competition screening and as part of the Szczecin European Film Festival‘18 program.
13. The Organiser reserves the right to use selected excerpts (up to 3 minutes) from the qualified films for the SEFF '18 festival's promotional-informational purposes (e.g. the Festival trailer, TV broadcasts, etc.).
14. The Organiser reserves the right to use the submitted film and author information on the Festival website, in social media (e.g. Facebook), as well as in all promotional materials (e.g. the catalogue, the program guide, press kits, etc.).
15. The Organiser reserves the right to use the submitted materials for promotional activities associated with the Festival before, during, and after closing this year's edition.
16. Submitting a film to the competition is synonymous with accepting the terms and conditions.
17. The entrant gives the right to the Organiser, within the meaning of art. 31 of the Data Protection Act 1997 (Dz. U. from 2002, no. 101, item 926 with later changes), to process their personal data.
18. The Organiser reserves the right to change these terms and conditions.